WMC Boating Suggested Packing List
Bring a flashlight. You will need it to find your baggage and set up your tent in the dark at the put-in.
Breakfast, lunches, and dinners are a shared/group effort (unless specified by the Trip Organizer). Get assignments from the Trip Organizer.
- Plate/Bowl/Knife/Fork/Spoon/Cup. Eating utensils are not provided. Please......NO GLASS!!
- Sunscreen/Lip Balm/Insect Repellent.
- Life Jacket (if you own one - otherwise, you can rent one from the WMC for $3/day).
- Sleeping Bag (synthetic is preferable - it dries faster if wet)/Pad/Pillow.
- Tent + ground cloth (we suggest sharing a tent if possible to minimize gear).
- On multi-day trips with on river camping you will need a large river bag for personal gear (can be rented from REI?? - camping gear needs to go in this bag, so make sure you get one big enough).
- Small river bag for day use on the river, with carabiner to clip it on.
- Checkbook to settle finances at the take-out (trip organizer is not a banker and will not make loans) and a small amount of cash for food and drinks on the drive to and from the river.
- Rain gear.
- Polypro top/bottom.
- Personal Toiletries.
- River Shoes/Teva-type sandals/hiking boots/wool socks.
- Extra T.P. (don't take any chances!)
- All Beverages you will consume on the river (other than water) - NO GLASS!!
- Sun Hat/Sunglasses - a strap is suggested for both.
- Shorts/T-Shirts/Wool Hat/Warm Gloves/Camp Clothes/Fleece Jacket/Long Sleve Shirt/Long Pants. Note: River trips can have cold weather - normally the daytime temps on river trips are in the 80's, evenings in the 50's - be sure to watch the forecast prior to the trip.
- Plastic Water Bottles (for on the river), with a carabiner or clip to attach to the boat.
- Camera/film and a way to keep it dry - zip lock bags are not enough! A disposable waterproof camera is a good option.
- For cold water trips, a Farmer John Wetsuit is recommended.
- Folding Chair (may not be room on most trips - check at the Work Party)
- Spare change of clothes for when you get off the river for the trip home.